Monday, June 4, 2012

Pomp and Circumstance

So I said I would post on Saturday about graduation and Derek's gift but we had another emergency and we ended up having to take my Dad to the hospital early Saturday morning. This time they kept him and he is still there now. Please be praying for him.

Graduation was spectacular! It's such an exciting time and this year's class was one of the largest in school history. It was also exciting because my little brother graduated this year. He is such a smarty; he graduated 7th of 446. We always sit in the same spot right in the front even with the first row of students so we were sitting right where Derek was, since the top 10 and class officers get to walk first. 

Derek walking across stage.
Usually we have to wait for the people we are there for but we didn't this year so we started getting bored and started looking at the girl's shoes. Everyone wants to make a statement so you can bet you will see some eye catching heels. This year it seemed cowboy boots and flats were the choice for most.

Tim and Derek after graduation.
Well afterwards we all meet outside to wait for the graduates. It's kind of a chaotic time but thankfully Tim found Derek and they found me and their parents found us. Derek looked so dignified in his cap and gown and he had two leis. I finally got to give him the gift I've been working on and he really liked it which I was super glad about. Now both of my brothers are graduated. It's gonna be weird when both of them are gone during the fall and spring now. Ironically on Saturday, after getting back from the hospital, I received a letter in the mail from Sam Houston's Alumni Association to help sponsor the tailgating for the Sam Houston vs. Baylor game.
Derek's gift. He's going to Baylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment