Monday, May 28, 2012

Bathroom Hoarding

Ok so today I started working on assimilating my apartment things and the things already at home in my room. This is a lot of work and I know I have a couple of crazy weeks ahead of me as far as that goes but I'm also taking this opportunity to go through things and really clear out the physical "clutter" in my life. At one point I was working on the top of my dresser where I keep all my beauty products. I must say that I am very pleased with how it turned out; I don't think my dresser has ever looked this organized.
Well I eventually came across some things that went in the bathroom. Let me just say we have a small bathroom with not a lot of storage to begin with. My mom and I have a love of Bath and Body Works which results in a stockpiling of their products. In our bathroom, the cabinets are already filled with stuff. So tonight when I went in there I had had ENOUGH! I ended up finding medicines from the early 2000s, 90s and even a couple from the 80s. I basically overhauled our bathroom cabinets and now all of my Mom's Bath and Body Works fits in the cabinet with a little room left over.
What I've learned tonight is that my parents really do have a problem throwing things away or at least getting rid of them. I hope I can help my parents while I'm living here to clear out the "clutter" in their lives. I also found a huge collection of hotel soaps and other toiletries we will never use so I'm going to donate them to a local shelter.

So tonight I accomplished:
1. Organizing my dresser top.
2. Cleaning out the bathroom cabinet.
3. Finding room for all the left out toiletries.
4. Being able to find room for my towels in the bathroom cabinet and not in my room.
5. Creating a donation bag for those who are less fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment