Monday, May 21, 2012

Hometown Traditions

The color guard. I really miss getting to march.
So this weekend was Rabbit Fest weekend in my hometown. I've been every year since I've lived here (which is all 23 years of my life lol) and went to the parade every year also. During high school I actually got to be in the parade since I was in the color guard and once in elementary school I was on a float. It's not a big celebration but it is special to me just because it is sort of a tradition for me. This year I went to the parade and cheered on my "little brother" Derek who is drum major and will be graduating in a couple weeks. I'm so proud of him. He's so passionate about band and such a smart cookie. I also enjoy any chance to see the band or guard perform.

Derek (in the middle) with the other two drum majors! Look at that smile! :)

Later on I went to the carnival with my friend Cassi and her fiancé Rob. It was a lot of fun. They went on some of the rides while I held their stuff cause I did not feel like paying $23 for a wristband lol. Cheap I know. We walked through the vendors where people sell homemade stuff or other stuff like Scentsy (which I LOVE! :D) I usually can't hold myself back from buying stuff but there wasn't really anything worth it. I bought two new scent bars; Hendrix which is kind of earthy and spicy and Cucumber Lime which is more clean and citrusy. The best part was the food. I actually didn't eat any food but I got a sweet tea (duh I live in Texas) and a Jumbo Hawaiian flavored snow cone with extra syrup and cream which was only $3.75. So delish!


I have to say the best part was just getting to hang out with Cassi and Rob. Cassi and I recently made a vow to restore our friendship to what it was in high school and our first couple years in college. It's good to know that now that I will be living in Cove I will at least have one person who will want to hang out with me after everyone else leaves. It's only been a week and I'm really excited for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment