Monday, May 21, 2012

Technical Difficulties

Sooooo this past week my computer started acting weird. The screen kept going black and sometimes it would recover and others I would have to restart it. One day the display crashed at least five times within  two or three hours. I got fed up and started browsing for computers and, although I know computers don't have consciousness, I think my computer got scared because the next time I used it, it worked perfectly fine and actually seemed to be running faster haha. Well the next day I guess it just couldn't keep up the facade and quit turning on completely. After talking to some people it was determined that my computer had bit the dust permanently.
I have to give a moment to my Dell XPS. I got it right before going to college in the summer of 2007 and it was the first computer I could call my own. It got me through college and was a wonderful computer. I've dropped it off of several beds, had a friend spill coffee on it and through all of that it continued to run. After 5 years I think it served well. The most likely cause of death was old age. I almost feel like I should give it a proper burial or something lol.

Well after years of saying I would never own a Mac in my life, I bought one. Well technically my mom did but lets not split hairs. Now I am the proud owner of a 17-in. Macbook Pro. It is so big but much thinner than the Dell. It almost feel like the Mac is reading my thoughts sometimes. It's taking some getting used to since I've used PCs for my whole life but after having three iPods, an iPad, and an iPhone it's not as hard to get used to as I thought it might. I'm really excited that I have an awesome movie maker so I can make my own. Maybe I'll share my first attempt whenever that is.


Now I can continue applying to jobs. I feel like I'm close. I've applied to a job and I would really like to get it since it's at my old elementary school and it's only a few blocks from my house. I could really use the job to help pay for gas and help my mom pay off my computer. Please be praying for favor with the human resources people and interviewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment