Monday, May 7, 2012

My Mom's Birthday

Today was my Mom's birthday. This year is the first year I have had my own debit card that I could spend how I needed or wished and I've never been able to send my Mom flowers or anything special on her birthday or Mother's Day. So this year I took advantage of having my own card and sent her a bouquet of flowers. I ordered them about a month ago so I've been waiting since then to hear her reaction since I wouldn't yet be at home. So today I called to wish her happy birthday all the while knowing what would happen and about thirty minutes after hanging up the first time she called back pretending to be mad that I had surprised her. Of course she wasn't mad, but very excited to get the flowers. It was great to see my surprise to the end and hear how much joy it brought my mother to receive it.

I love surprising people and giving unexpected gifts. It just makes me so happy to be able to bring joy to others. It's also my way of showing others that I care. Just this past weekend I gave my three roommates gifts I had made as goodbye gifts to them. I also wrote a letter about what their friendship meant to me. When I give a gift I always hope that it's something that will help people remember me.

These are the gifts for my roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment