Friday, May 25, 2012

Medical Emergencies

Tuesday seemed like a normal day when I woke up. The only thing different was my appointment with the optometrist (eye doctor). That changed though when I got back from that appointment. I walk in the door to find my Dad holding a bloody handkerchief to his face and his eye all black and blue. Apparently while I was gone he went outside to work in his shop, which is good cause he needs to be outside more, but he tripped over an air compressor hose and fell onto the back driveway face first. His nose was bleeding, his eye looked like he got punched in the face, and his glasses were scratched.
Long story short he ended up going to the hospital because the paramedics wanted to make sure he didn't have a concussion. After spending FOUR HOURS at the emergency room and a CAT scan they determined that it was all just superficial injuries. Nothing was broken and there was nothing serious enough to keep him. It took another day for the nose to stop bleeding completely but his eye is open again and the swelling and bruising appears to be going away.
I have some really great people around me, like my BFF Tim who called the next day to make sure my Dad was ok and his Mom, who is like a mom to me, who texted me the next morning to check on my Dad and prayed for his recovery. I'm really grateful for the people God has placed in my life. It's beautiful.

We just found out yesterday, though, when my Aunt called to check on my Dad, that their half brother had a heart attack on the same day all of this was going on with him. He survived and they had to put a stint in to clear the blockage. He had 90% blockage. It's kinda scary to think about how my Dad's side of the family is so much older and they are having all of these medical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment